The Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology (IGP) at Uppsala University (www.igp.uu.se) has a broad research profile with strong research groups focused on cancer, autoimmune and genetic diseases, and development of technologies to study these.
The unit for Molecular Tools, now recruiting a postdoc, is active at the international forefront of research to develop advanced technologies for biomedical investigations at levels of DNA, RNA and protein.
- Full-time research in the field of Molecular Tools, by contributing to the development of molecular techniques to investigate the biology of man at molecular levels, and applying these for purposes of understanding disease and to improve drug development and healthcare.
- Work with techniques including oligonucleotide-assisted reactions for analysis of DNA, RNA and proteins, aiming for improved sensitivity, specificity, and higher throughput at lower cost in research, biotechnology drug development and medicine.
- Supervision of master- and doctoral students. - In collaboration with team members contribute to a strong, intellectually active research environment and a well-functioning lab infrastructure.
- The successful applicant will also interact with members of SCAS to promote its program Measurable Man.
- PhD in biomedicine or similar, with advanced competence in molecular techniques and with a broad perspective on their applications.
- To be eligible to apply you must have a PhD completed within three years of the application deadline. If you received your PhD earlier but special circumstances exist you may still be eligible to apply.
- Experience of working with DNA-assisted techniques for molecular analysis.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Globen Heart söker:
Specialist inom kardiologi och invärtesmedicin med reella/formella kunskaper inom basal klinisk fysiologi.
Vi erbjuder en flexibel tjänstgöring där Du själv kan påverka Din arbetstid. Goda möjligheter finns även att bygga en egen mottagning inom GlobenHeart via överlåtelse/förvärv av etablering enligt LoL (nationella taxan).
Vi värnar om en hög professionalitet och ett mycket gott samarbetsklimat.
Om det låter intressant, vänligen kontakta nedanstående för ytterligare information:
Mats Norman Moss
VD, GlobenHeart AB